Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Delivery Photos

With things beginning to level out some, I've finally found some time to put together the photos from the delivery.

The photos are here, in the photo archive. They pretty much parallel the step-by-step timeline that I gave two entries ago. I wish I had time to make a full blog entry right now, but I'm not that fortunate just yet. While we are finally starting to get things under wraps around here, Justin Alexander's feeding schedule (eat, sleep, eat, sleep, eat, eat, sleep...) is still the undisputed driving force in this household. But I will say that V and I are at least starting to catch on, and are just now learning how to enjoy this miracle of life in the midst of our new full time job of catering to his every need and demand. Already, things are beginning to settle into at least a semblance of a routine, allowing us more time to smell the (roses?) and enjoy even this most challenging phase of parenthood. I'm also starting to shed some of my anxiety as I realize that 10 days have passed already and I've been successful in not breaking my "new toy". I'm also finding time to catch up with my never ending to-do list before it snowballs out of control, which also makes for a happier daddy.

A billion things have transpired since coming home from the hospital (including being readmitted for some mild complications... more on that in the next entry), but I'll have to get to all of that in due time. In the meantime, it's hopefully enough to say that mom is doing great, Justin Alexander is doing great, and dad is doing his best to keep our lives glued together until Justin is old enough to explain to us why he won't sleep more than 3 hours. The past 10 days have easily been the most challenging and humbling experience of my life. Fatherhood does not waste anytime when it comes to changing your perspective on life and transforming the way you think about pretty much everything.

As for more photos, be patient grandparents! We promise that you'll be caught up in no time at all. But for now, V has some pumping to do, and I have a bottle to prepare.

Adios.

No comments: