Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Flight Patterns

This past weekend, Justin learned the hard way that, sadly, he cannot fly. I would provide more information than that, but since he was on my watch when he took his tumble, my lawyers have advised me not to discuss further details until the hearing. In the meantime, I am out on bail and am allowed to watch him with supervision. As expected he is healing both quickly and nicely. 2 days later, his wounds scabbed over and now (4 days later) even the scabs are almost gone. The picture on the right was taken the day after the fall, and it actually got worse before it got better. But it must be nice to be 7 months old. He dove face first and is no worse for wear. At 33 years old, if I do so much as to stub a toe, I'll be limping for 5 weeks and making an appointment for an MRI. Gotta love the aging process.

In other news, in the same weekend we did learn (on the other hand) that our fencing in the back yard can fly. We had a windstorm on Sunday that literally snapped a few fence posts at their bases and sent portions of our (not-so-private anymore) privacy fence sailing down the block. If nothing else, with loose boards and nails flying around in 40 mph wind gusts, I'm thankful that no people nor property (besides our own) were damaged. Two portions of the fence slid about 30 feet to the neighbors house and landed just beside their shiney new car. With 100 pounds of wood and nails airborne, that could have been ugly.






It's funny that with our house officially being on the market now (I guess that's an update too, huh?) replacing the fence was the only thing I was undecided about in terms of spending the money and getting it replaced versus hoping we didn't have to. Well... Um... Just a hunch, but I'm guessing we'll be getting that done now.

But there is a silver lining. At least now State Farm will be paying for the majority of the new fence, and since it was "an act of God", I'm thinking it won't change our premium. But as for our deductible and any difference in price... can you say, "bye bye tax return"?

No comments: