Sunday, April 6, 2008

Solar Powered

The soggy sentiments of April as seen through the windshield this afternoon

And just like that it has been 2 weeks since the last blog entry. To my faithful readers, I'm sorry to disappoint and keep you clicking back here for no good reason. But things have been so slow that I simply haven't had much to write about. Funny how in the midst of those hectic days, we wish for days and weeks like these... but once they come we're often bored out of our minds and left wondering when the tide will turn.

And in addition to my usual week 12 why-isn't-the-semester-over! blues, the weather hasn't exactly been helpful in my efforts to shake the melons from the melancholy tree. The month of April has certainly lived up to it's reputation of frequent rain and overcast skies. It has rained every day since the start of the month and only now is looking to dry up for at least a day or two. And so the great outdoors haven't exactly been inviting during what was supposed to be the debut of Spring. Like the past few days, this weekend just came and went as we kicked around the house and did nothing in particular. I think we ventured outdoors only twice as a family (dinner last night and church today) and today I ventured alone to the gym for a workout and a much needed change of scenery. And now here I am, back in front of the computer, taking three whole paragraphs just to say that I don't really have anything to say. What a woeful waste of keystrokes and bandwidth. I guess I should at least include a photo of Justin to make this entry worth your while. Because these, my friends, are 5 minutes of your life that you will never get back.

Oh by the way, the photo archive has been updated this weekend. So if nothing else you can click here to view the month of March and revisit a time when this author wasn't feeling so blah. And check back with us when the sun comes out. My writing skills are obviously solar powered and therefore guaranteed to be more interesting once the clouds break and the sun rays hit this avid photographer's face. See you then!


This robin was nice enough to pay us a visit despite the rain.
If nothing else, she gave me an injection of optimism as I look forward
to getting back to nature and the great outdoors once Spring
declares itself here for good.

No comments: