Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pregnant

It's official. After 11 months, 1 orientation, 2 training seminars, a home study, and 8 billion pages of documentation; we are officially DSS approved and pregnant with adoption. And much like a natural pregnancy, the next step... is to wait. With our preferences fully documented, and our family profiled to a T, we now sit back and wait for a phone call from our newly assigned case worker... waiting to hear the words, "I think we've got a match"... and once that happens, my guess is that my heart will start to race just as it did (if not more) moments before our first three children were delivered. PUSH!

At least with a natural pregnancy, we'd have a due date. But the uncertainty of not knowing when that phone call will come (a month from now? a year? 2 years? or tomorrow?) is a whole new ballgame for us. Granted, the three crazy children that we already have do a great job of keeping us busy (or should I say keeping us tired and moderately delirious) so I expect our anxiety during the waiting process to be pretty low. In the meantime, we will remain prayerful about whether or when we should have our adoption file registered with our county foster care office.  While we don't yet have clarity as to exactly which need God wants us to fulfill in the process (being registered as a foster family would not require any additional work or qualification), we've been advised that going the foster route could land a child at our doorstep at the blink of an eye... which pretty much puts us all over the map with our timeframe.

With that, I do hope that you (whatever readership we have left out there) keep us in your prayers as we continue to do our best to be obedient to God's perfect will for our family. As always, it's a bit of a roller coaster ride... but sometimes I get the feeling that He would have it no other way.

1 comment:

Grandma "NaNa" said...

I don't know about anyone else but I still get great pleasure out of looking at the blog everyday..sometimes more than once a day. I still check for new pictures and updates. When there aren't any I just look at the old stuff. NaNa never gets tired of looking at her son and his family. I love you guys! Keep 'em coming!