Saturday, September 5, 2015

Bike Trek

We finally sprung for a bike carrier.  As much as I've flirted with this purchase for years, it probably didn't make sense until now.  However, we are officially up to 4 (out of 5) independent riders.  So far, we've racked up three times and made a day out of our family bike ride.  It's been awesome.  I'm totally baffled by the endurance of the little ones (not that I ever gave them a choice of stopping or slowing down), and I guess the not-so-little-one too (I think Venesa shot me a dirty look every mile and a half or so).  Our latest excursion was a seven mile loop from Kalmia to Sonic (yes, we stopped for ice cream) to Lawton park.  Naomi kept her end of the bargain with harmonica music accompaniment, Jasmine didn't miss a single opportunity to splash through a puddle, and Justin didn't run into any mailboxes.. this time.