Saturday, April 14, 2007

Fast Update

Me & V @ our SC Baby Shower


For whatever reason, my out-of-state travels continue to come in pairs. Similar to February, I once again find myself in Pennsylvania after traveling to and from SC just the week before (for a baby shower). I'm up here in PA this weekend because the bulk of the work is done on the flip property and it was finally time for me to show face and rub some of my personal elbow grease into it. Long story short, I left VA at 4am this morning, drove up to PA, and have been working on the house nonstop since my arrival 7 hours ago. While the repairs and the overall status of the house were impressive (more on that some other time) the list of "things you know you oughta do before listing this house" was a little more overwhelming than I drafted up in my head. Okay, so I never actually drafted much of a list in my head, but I guess that's why they call them "learning experiences". So right now I'm about as exhausted as I've been in a very long time. If it's not your profession, manual labor will do it to you every time... It's that soreness that you don't feel just yet, but you know it'll have you stiff in about 8 places for the next 4 days or so. And so I'm prolonging what I know is about to be some REAL GOOD SLEEP just to get this blog entry in the books before I pass out.

So why bother writting now of all times since I haven't written in two weeks as it is? Well, that's exactly the point. The reason for the urgency is that the more time that passes without an entry, the more things I come up with that I want to write about (but just can't find the time). So then I get stuck with this backlog of stories in my head, which makes it even harder for them me to get them out because I have no clue as to how to prioritize them or where to start. But at the same time, I keep thinking to myself that I can't wait until a find a "free moment"... by then the baby will be 7 years old and typing her (his?) own blog ... and I'll still be trying to figure out how to catch you up on everything that happened last week. As it is already, I have like 16 stories that I want to tell, but don't have the capacity to get a single one out and elaborate intelligently on it. SO... as to alleviate all of that pressure, I thought I'd at least take a few minutes and list the highlights of the past week 10 days. There's at least 5 I can think of at the moment, all of which probably deserve thier own entry but won't be getting it today.

1. We secured a tenant for the SC property !!! [Huge Update] He moves in... well, technically today (Saturday).

2. We had our first of three (SC, VA, PA) baby showers in SC last weekend. Seeing family and friends was a lot of fun, and receiving all of the gifts that they blessed us with was equally phenomenal.

3. The repairs are all but done in the PA house, and relisting the house is just 'round the corner. Project "Pretend You're A Real Estate Mogul" is that much closer to being completed.

4. Last week marked the much anticipated return of my gym visits and workout routine (cancel the search party).

5. And finally (drum roll) our unborn child has now surpassed the 2 pound mark and according to V, the baby is still making good progress towards being either a soccer player or a karate champion. Not only that, but we are officially down to the wire, with less than three months before we'll have to cash in our sleep, sanity, and savings account for bottle warming, breast feeding, and pamper duty (dooty?)... all at the gleeful hours of 9pm til 4am of course.

On that note, I think I should most certainly end this entry here and cherish this fleeting opportunity for some REM sleep. Long day ahead. I'll add photos to this in the next 48 hours. For now, consider yourself updated.

No comments: