Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Flip This House II

D-O-N-E!!!!

As of yesterday, we are officially 2 closet door handles and 6 wall plates away from being 100% done with the Pennsylvania repairs. And as if that wasn't awesome enough, here's the icing on the cake: Less than an hour after the GC called to let us know that the final tasks were completed (leaky toilet, paint touch-up), my mom got a call from a family requesting to see two other 5 bedroom houses within 5 miles of the property. Needless to say, she added this one to their list and they fell in love with the house. Now we're all just waiting to hear from my listing agent. The problem is, not only is it not listed yet, but we still haven't even come up with a price! But of course this is a good problem to have. God is amazing. Even if this particular family doesn't buy the house, it was still awesome to get confirmation so quickly that we've put together a top notch product on our first time out.

As for the repairs, my dad and I hit the house hard for another 4 hours on Saturday to wrap things up. As tough as those last two days were, I have to say that it was fun in a twisted, torturous kind of way. I think that the hands-on get-it-done finale gave us all a sense of accomplishment, pride and ownership about the final product (and the whole process) that I'm not sure I would've had otherwise. I definitely left the house excited on Saturday. I think we are all pretty proud of the finished product. But more than anything, I'm the most impressed with all of us in terms of how we all came together as a team / family and pulled this massive project off. I can't say enough about my parents and the job they've done to keep this project moving. I'm also supremely in debt to V for the patience she has had while I devoted so much time to the house(s) over the past few weeks.

And finally, as for the house itself, below are a few more pre-flip photos for comparison purposes. You can also check out more pre-flip photos by clicking here. In another entry, I also gave a few more photos along with the rundown of our initial repair list. We'll wrap up the numbers (costs, etc) in a future entry once everything is finalized.


Once you've checked out the before photos, you can click here for the finished product. Enjoy!



Blue paneling on walls of bathroom #1 was removed

Old walls of bedroom #5

Bedroom #1 doorway and wall demo'ed and new door & closet added

Old stove with broken door

Damage in Bedroom #2

Ceiling damage in Bedroom #3


Beehive in storage space

Leaky kitchen sink with bio-organic growth throughout

Laundry room with wall and vent system damage

Old flooring with water damage due to leaky toilet


Crusty sink in bathroom #2

Basement doors and walls

One last look at the crusty carpet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing up the first one, and the after pictures look great.