Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Gratitude

I thought this was supposed to be summer vacation... ?! Between hosting family and friends, my summer teaching program (just 3 more days!), Justin's birthday party, and tending to photography clients this past weekend, I can honestly say that the past few days have been a blur. At times like this, I'm reminded that being able to sit in this chair and spend time playing with words and pictures is truly a luxury.  However, I do sense that a reprieve is just around the corner, so all hope is not lost. Rest is on the way!

In the meantime, here are a few pictures from Justin's birthday party this past Saturday. In all it went fantastically well and I have to give V all the credit in the world for pulling off a worthwhile party for a one-year-old (something that I learned was much easier said than done). And we also want to thank every person who made out it, brought a present, sent a card, sent an email, or simply thought about us during what was such a joyous occasion for us. Your sentiments are deeply appreciated and it meant a lot to us to be able to share such a momentous milestone with our family and friends. As always, be reminded that we love you guys and appreciate your support.

As for us, we're hitting the road as a family again to square away some business with our rental properties in South Carolina. I'm expecting a quick turnaround, so I hope to be back blogging by Sunday. In the meantime, enjoy your July 4th weekend and please drive responsibly! All the best.





No comments: