Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Faithful

2000 Honda Civic. Tried. True. Ten Years Old.
Two Hundred Thousand Miles.



I bought this car new off the lot ten years ago... and had to have the salesman drive it home for me because it was manual transmission and I had never driven one before... but the psychology behind that is a different blog entry all by itself. For now, the point of the story is that I've had this car longer than I've been a doctor, father, or a husband. My only point is that a lot has changed in ten years. But yet, here it is, still rolling. Lots of miles. Lots of memories. From Atlanta to Seattle, and a boatload of places in between. Here's to 200,000. And perhaps 200,000 more. See you on the road.

Here's one of my favorite pictures of the car. It doesn't show much of the vehicle, but it does remind me of the many roads we've traveled. This one happens to be in Mount Rainier National Park (Washington state) on the way to Carbon River, circa October 2003. Cross country hiking and camping... Let the good times roll.

No comments: