Monday, April 26, 2010

Run Forrest

As of this year, I am officially closer to 40 than 30. Granted, I don't feel "old" yet, but one thing is for sure: maintaining my ability to keep up with Justin & Jasmine isn't going to happen by accident. To make a long story short, I ran my own personal 5K (about 3 miles) this past weekend and wanted to document my sense of accomplishment. So for the record: woo hoo!




Granted, 3 miles is not exactly a marathon (that would be 3 miles down, 23 to go) but it has easily been a dozen years since I've run that much distance, so I was pretty psyched about it. Kudos to V for pushing me to do it (when she came home talking about her new personal best, she should've know I was gonna stretch my distance or die trying). She mentioned the idea of both us training to run a 5K in the fall and has also been diligent with her own exercise as well. So look out world, these two rugrats may not run us into the ground after all!

No comments: