Sunday, October 10, 2010

NPR


New Personal Record... went for the usual 3 mile run this morning, got to the turnaround point... and didn't turn around. Just kept going. And going... and ... finally got back to the house and thought to myself... why not keep going? I don't know what I ate this morning, but I had Forrest Gump Syndrome for real. 1 hour, 10 minutes, and 29 seconds later... I stopped. The total damage: 11K (6.8 miles)... and suddenly I'm thinking that a half marathon (13.1 miles) doesn't sound so crazy after all. Ridiculous? Perhaps. But not crazy.

My other goal? Killer abs by summertime or bust! Okay... not really. But it sounded good.

PS... Has anyone seen my family?

8 comments:

avidphotog said...

Oh! Almost forgot to mention... During the first 2 miles of my run I found a five dollar bill on the ground. How cool is that?! Needless to say that I spent the next 4 miles scanning the ground for more money. I didn't find any more money... but I was content to make a $5 profit from my morning exercise.

Venesa said...

And you are wondering why the new record? Everybody knows you'll do almost anything for money! :-) I'm surprised you stopped when you did. LOL!

Venesa said...

P.S. We'll be home soon! We miss you too! :-)

avidphotog said...

So you think the two are related, huh? Hmm... Interesting theory :o) And hey, I won't do "almost anything for money"... I take exception to that statement. Anyhow, I'd argue with you but I've gotta run. The neighbors ask me to mow their lawn for $4. See ya.

Charlette said...

You guys are too funny! What would you do for $1?

avidphotog said...

I'll paint your house. Well, the inside anyway. But for $3 I'll paint the outside, too.

Grandma NaNa said...

You guys are so funny! Congrats on your NPR. I thought maybe you were trying to run to SC, or maybe even PA. Guess not huh?

avidphotog said...

Nope. Had I run that far, I would've had to stop for something to eat. Not happening. Takeout is way too expensive. Good thought though.