Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ribbit

2:32 am. I'm woken up by violent shakes... "Babe... Wake up... I need your help."

And before I fully come to, 1000 different thoughts flow through my head. House on fire? Nah... she's too calm. Naomi running a fever? That sounds like the right level of urgency. Or maybe there's a bug somewhere. Man, if I see another water bug... But she wouldn't wake me for that... unless it was someplace really crazy... Maybe one of the toilets or sinks are leaking again. Great... more water damage.

After about five more shakes I'm finally awake enough to hear the end of her plea: "Babe.. There's a frog in the pantry. I need you to get it out!"

And all I could think was... WHAT?! You could've given me 1000 more guesses, and I would've never guessed that one. Oh yeaaah... Frogs in the pantry. We're officially country.


Disclaimer 1: The frog in the photo is not the one from the pantry (it's actually not a frog at all... it's a toad... but I digress). The one in the pantry was actually a lot smaller. It almost looked like a tadpole, it was so small. The one in the photo is one of our garage frogs (err... I mean toads). The bottom line is that they're everywhere. Maybe it's time we start naming 'em.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

LOL! Welcome to the Pee Dee! :-)