Thursday, March 29, 2012

¡Baila!

I'm posting this old video clip for no good reason except...

(1) Memory lane seems to be my default destination for me whenever I find myself up at 12:46 am... and (2) Venesa and I were just talking about how much Jasmine has loved music (percussion in particular) since birth. We'll never forget how at 14 months, she would be in the front yard and would start dancing to whatever ghetto fabulous music would be blaring from passing cars (because, yes, we lived in a ghetto fabulous neighborhood). It was hilariously embarrassing every time. In any event, we came to the conclusion just last week that we haven't done enough to nurture her love for music (which is still evident from time to time in our deliciously vanilla household). So put that one on the to-do list.

Oh... and, also..

(3) I always talk about how I have no memory of Jasmine Olivia as a one-year-old... and for as much as I remember about Justin... that's just odd to me. Of course, it probably says more about what life was like with a 3 and 1 year old (SuRviVaL!) than it does about me... but the lack of memories still bothers me for some reason. And yes, to say that I miss Jasmine as a one-year-old when she is still... TWO ... is absurd. I get that. But hey, I've been called worse things. So without further ado, here's babygirl doing her thing. ¡Baila, Jasmine! ¡Baila!


No comments: