Monday, August 6, 2012

Slumber

The blog jinx that I wrote about way back in 2009 is evidently still in full effect with offspring #3.

Not a week or two later... not 4 days later... not even the next night. But ever since I blogged about Naomi Janelle not sleeping through the night (the very same night), she has not woken up once in the middle of the night. It's like I pressed the publish button on the blog editor and presto, we had ourselves an 8 to 6 baby. And at 6, she'll usually take her cup of (almond) milk, and go right back to sleep for an hour or two. Good Lord, who is this baby? From up every three hours to suddenly comatose. Why... oh why... do our children chastise us so. It's like somehow they know. They wait for us to go the sleep, sneak downstairs, read the blog to each other, laugh at us, and then say, "watch this."

Everybody's got jokes. But this time I'll take it. Sleep well, Naomi. I know I will. Here's to no kids 'til sunrise. It's about time. Can I get an amen?!