Monday, February 26, 2007

Frosting on top



I'm excited to report that nothing interesting happened this weekend! That may sound strange, but if you've been around for the past 3 turbulent weeks; you'll know that just getting through a weekend and achieving some peace and quiet is an accomplishment for us. Continuing to celebrate V's birthday was about as exciting as it got for us. As part of the fanfare, I baked her a birthday cake, which was humorous all by itself. I will have to say that trying to frost a cake is way more difficult than I thought. If you want to torture a perfectionist / obsessive compulsive individual, ask him to frost a cake. Oh my goodness. The lack of symmetry was killing me. And the more you try to smooth out one side, the crazier the other side looks. And then there's the edges; trying to blend them nicely from top to side, not to mention making them uniform. And then eventually I ran out of frosting, so now I'm trying to spread it thin to cover up all of the holes... but still keep it uniform (deep sigh). Meanwhile, the cake is starting to fall apart from all of this manipulation I'm doing... Man, it shouldn't have been that hard. But that's the price I pay for being who I am. But, of course V just took pleasure in my pain and thought the whole thing was funny. In the end the cake turned out to be tasty, and so I was at least happy with that.



Otherwise [besides a middle school math contest I attended, brunch with the ladies for V, a visit to the massage therapist, and the usual errands, grading and lesson planning for both of us] it was a much needed low-key weekend in our household. As for today, it's back off to the races, as I try to wrap things up at school before Spring break (which means tests to make & grade, and lessons to get through). I'm also looking to hear from the (potential) general contractor sooner than later concerning an estimate on the PA property. I think he's about to lose his job before he even gets it, but I'll write about that in more detail later on. For now, I best start getting ready for work. Ciao.

Take note of a very pregnant
looking V as she makes a wish
on her birthday candles.



No comments: