Sunday, August 19, 2007

Back to Work


"Where's daddy going?"


With classes starting back tomorrow, it will be interesting to see how well I manage to keep up with the blog and photo archive. The first week back (which was last week) is always nice. Yes, they beat us over the head with umpteen mandated meetings and workshops... But at the least, it served as a nice buffer between what was essentially 3 months of unemployment and the nonstop rigor of what promises to be (day-in and day-out for the next 9 months) a demanding job as usual. As it stands, I'm still trying to readjust to being on any type of schedule that doesn't involve a baby, a bottle, and a temper tantrum waiting to happen. But slowly and surely, I'm getting there.

As far as keeping up with the blog, having a creative outlet is almost a requirement for me (otherwise I'll go crazy... just ask my wife) so I may do okay. But then when I think of the prospect of trying to balance family time, wife time, baby time, work, gym, house chores, summer projects, etc... I hear a little voice laughing at me from inside my camera bag telling me to kiss my handful of hobbies goodbye. As it is, I already have a good handful of things I'd like to do or blog about but just haven't had the time (see below). My guess is that either the backlog will continue to grow and I'll adjust... or I'll go crazy trying to keep up with my own to-do list.

So... long story short, if we should go missing from cyberspace for hours, days, or even weeks at a time... don't be too quick to plaster our faces on anybody's milk carton. With my impending return to the classroom, and V following suit in just a week or so; just know that we're probably still here... somewhere... doing what we can to adjust to real life again.
_____________


Blog entries currently in my head that may never see the light of day:

(1) finances and budgeting
(2) the undying prospect of us moving / relocating
(3) Justin's new toy and posse of friends
(4) our first home visit with the nanny / babysitter
(5) my continued "threat" of starting a photography business, and
(6) my first "date night" with V since Justin's birth... which came compliments of DeVon and Danah who I think deserve a couple of "I survived a night with Justin Alexander" tee-shirts.

No comments: