Thursday, August 9, 2007

Who's Baby Are You?

Who’s baby is this anyway?

One of the mysteries that remains to be solved is who does Justin look like? It’s funny that people feel obligated to make a determination as to which parent a baby looks like. With Justin having his own unique physical characteristics, it’s been interesting to see folks scramble to find the right non-offensive comment to make on this subject. I usually chime in pretty quickly and let them off the hook by acknowledging openly – that Justin looks like neither one of us – not yet anyway. Once people hear me (“the momma”) say that out loud, they then tend to relax and agree because that happens to be the truth for now.

With that being said, as Justin changes each day, there are a couple of features that have become more prominent that seem to resemble those of mom or dad. For example, one of the things that I’ve noticed lately is the identical “look” that Jerome and Justin have when they lift their eyebrows. The wrinkles that form in their foreheads are identical and it is just so adorable to me. That particular expression is one of the most memorable things that I noticed about Jerome when we first started dating. So, to see that our son has inherited the same expression just tickles me. I am sure he’ll be sweeping some beautiful young lady off her feet with that look after he gets out of med school.

Jerome’s mom also noticed that there’s a resemblance to me from the nose down in this particular picture. So, I suppose the mystery remains unsolved and we’ll have to continue to wait as Justin grows into a toddler – little boy – teenager – young adult and grown man. Chances are there’ll be a combination of both of us and our families throughout each stage of his development. How exciting it will be to stand back and watch the progression. If nothing else, thanks to dad, we’ll have plenty of pictures to document the similarities and differences along the way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll solve the problem for you in a nut shell. Justin looks just like me. His grand mamma.Case solved!