Monday, September 7, 2009

Family Portrait

Being a photographer, as long as I've kept this blog I've had a simple rule about posting photos that were not taken by me (or at least with my camera): They're not allowed. At worst, I'd post any interesting photos not taken by me in the family photo archive... but the blog has remained sacrosanct in that respect... That is, until now (hey... rules... broken... etc. etc.)... I'm so doggone behind with updating the photo archives that if I waited any longer to post this photo, Jasmine and Justin would both be old enough to autograph it themselves. So with that said, here's the official first exception to the not-my-photo rule. It's gotta be about 2 or 3 months old by now (wifey will give me the exact date later)... but nonetheless... here was our first official family photo from earlier in the summer. Enjoy.

7 comments:

Venesa said...

We took this photo at the end of June, right after Justin turned 2 years old and Jasmine turned 2 months old. It's funny how at this stage in their lives, months (and weeks) can make a big difference. They have a whole list of things that they do/say now that they didn't back then. It's amazing how quickly they develop and how easily we forget about each milestone we leave behind. Gotta love it!

legacybuilder said...

Really cute! We just took one on Saturday, let's see how long it takes for us to get our posted. I'm laughing too because the kids have almost the same looks as ours did.

Venesa said...

Yes, it was definitely an interesting experience trying to organize them for a half an hour photo shoot. Justin was hanging pretty tough (at that moment), but Jasmine looked like she was scared about falling off Daddy's back. LOL!

Grandma said...

Justin is forever the photo ham. He is such a natural in front of the camera. I like this picture though because it is so natural and relaxed. Doesn't seem too posed. Everyone is doing their own thing. Jasmine looks scared though. She hasn't gotten the camera bug yet. J's smiling comfortably for a change and V you look so relaxed, like Yes this is my family. I love it! How about a copy?

legacybuilder said...

Grandma you probably have a about three more months before you get your copy....LOL!!!!

Phyllis said...

Great photo!! We still have not done a professional family picture of all of us since Paris has been born! We will very soon though, and then another I guess soon after when her brother gets here.

Aunt Dodie said...

What a beautiful family!! GOD BLESS.