Monday, October 5, 2009

The Finish Line

It dawned on me one day that, with our garage in the back of the house, we see it about 10 times more than our front door... which means it essentially serves as our foyer and sets the tone for the rest of the house upon every entrance. So with that, the extent to which it was starting to become an abyss of messiness and clutter was killing me... hence the birth of the garage project. As for the title of this entry, "The finish line" is exactly what I thought I'd never see with this most recent home improvement project... but it's done! After more nights and weekends than I care to mention, our garage has officially been spruced. Whoo hoo...

Okay... celebration time over. And just like that, it's time to move on to the next project: the aluminum fencing that we ordered for the front of the house came in about a week ago and is just sitting in the backyard... taunting me with every pass... and awaiting installation. Oh what fun. Home ownership. The eternal project. Bitter sweet. Gotta love it.







The south side of the house used to be a swampy bug-infested area that I just loathed to mow and maintain. So I finally got wise, filled it with rocks (still can't believe I paid that much for rocks), and made it suitable for a shed and storage area. If nothing else, I was excited to get the lawnmower (now in the shed) out the garage. Talk about a space saver.














2 comments:

Charlette said...

Great job! Looks great!

Grandma said...

Simply beautiful! Love the colors. How inviting, especially since this is actually your main entrance (haha). You know I'm really jealous now. I thought I was doing something just cleaning out my garage. By the way, can you send me over your little helper? I think she's really cute.