Friday, October 16, 2009

Unpredictable

Okay, so I'm changing Jasmine's diaper while she's in the crib... which is rare. Ninety-nine percent of the time, I would do this on the changing table, but she just looked so content that I decided to bring the diaper to her. So anyway, she's squirming all over the place, which has me focused and honed in like a pilot trying to land a plane in bad weather... Total tunnel vision.... And then she starts squirming double-time, laughing and kicking all over the place... And before I could ask her, "what in the world are you doing?", I look to my right... and Justin is in the crib. Yep. I didn't see him. I didn't even hear him. Mister Man totally escaped my peripheral vision (but not Jasmine's) as he climbed himself into the crib, made himself at home, and started the comedy hour for Jasmine's delight. And all I could do was laugh. Hilarious. And such is life with a 2 year old and a 6 month old. You never know what either of them will do next. The best you can do is keep a camera close by, and enjoy the moments as they come. What better way to start a Monday morning.

No comments: