Friday, November 20, 2009

Boundaries

Granted, it's the middle of November... but I am still happy to announce that part III of the Summer Project Trifecta (deck, garage, and fence) has officially been completed. When we first moved into this house the two obvious downsides were the neighborhood not being the greatest, and living on a busy street. Well, between a local hangout burning to the ground, and a very conscious, directed, and concerted effort by the City of Norfolk and the Norfolk Police Department to keep Five Points off of the evening news... the neighborhood has turned around quite a bit. However, the busy street in front of the house doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

And it's funny because we swore that we wouldn't be here when we had kids... and that soon became, "we definitely won't be here when our kids are walking"... "oh wait... what I meant was when our kids are in school..." Okay... so fast forward five years and two kids later (wow... time has in incredible way of flying by and making a mockery of your plans, doesn't it?)... here we are, at the same ol' house we've come to know and love. And so with one kid ready for a bicycle and the other crawling at the speed of light, it was finally time to set some boundaries.

"I'm the foreman... and I say it's crooked!"







Justin tests the fence by pounding his soccer ball into it.

Put 'em to work

"I'd like my one phone call, thank you."



Welcome home, Peace of Mind.

2 comments:

Danah said...

I like the fence. It looks great with the shutters! Now you don't have to stand in ready position waiting to run interference with a b-line to the street.

PopPop said...

Extremely nice looking fence. Looks very profesional. Had I not seen the pictures, I would have asked how much they charged. Thanks for protecting my little people. Dad.