Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back on the Job

A 12 day gap between entries could only mean one thing around here: It's time to go back to work! And so goes the holiday season. It was most definitely a nice break, and for a change it didn't seem too short, nor too long. But instead, it was just enough time to enjoy the family, get some things done around the house, and to regroup and recharge before tackling another semester. I only have 2 classes this semester; which is by far my lightest load in my six years at the University. So this semester should be a great one. I may finally have time to implement all of these great ideas I have but never get to when it comes to improving student achievement. It also may mean a little more time for research, family activities, and (whoo hoo) photography.

I should also mention that mommy is officially back to work, too. No, she hasn't relinquished her position as super mom and wife extraordinaire on the home front. But she has decided to teach a class (one night a week) at a local community college. Her first foray into the realm of higher education; and if day one was any indication, I have a hunch that this won't be her last. In preparing for the class, it didn't take long for her to be reminded of how much she simply loves the math; and the bottom line is that she is just really good at what she does. Anyway, congrats on the milestone, Love. It looks like this will be a fun semester for both of us.

And as the most recent additions to the Black and Decker team, Justin and Jasmine are apparently back at work, too. We just haven't figured out what they're building. But then, I don't think they know either.

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Love this post! V, I'm glad you are enjoying your class. Your students are blessed to have you.

Miranda said...

Thanks for the updates as always, J. V, I wish you the very best with your class. You are so in your element, so I know you'll do above and beyond. :-) I still can't believe how fast Justin and Jasmine are growing! Time really does fly. You all take care and I pray His continued blessings on each of you.