Saturday, January 23, 2010

Building Community

Do you want to really get to know someone? Then watch them interact with their children. A few weekends ago, I had the pleasure of doing exactly that with one of my colleagues at work. I have always felt a certain connection with Ming since we were part of the same recruiting class by the University back in summer of '03. And so it was doubly special to spend time with him, his wife Le, and daughter Alice. I'm hoping this will be the first of an ongoing "get to know your colleague" project, as a look to highlight the other side of some of my co-workers and share the photos with the department. Colleagues, check your email for a link to the full gallery. It's funny how we can work side by side with someone for years (or decades) and know so little about what they do once they leave the office. Here are just a handful of photos from the shoot. Ming, you have a beautiful family and I appreciate the opportunity to photograph the three of you. Thanks again.





7 comments:

Michael K. said...

Great pictures!!!

Carla said...

Technical foul! Its not fair for you in invoke tears in your colleagues while they are at work. What a wonderful job you did capturing the happiness and love in Dr. Fang's family! Who knew you had such talent?

I didn't know you had "outside employment". (kidding)

Thank you for taking time to share this. I think community building in the department is a great idea. We have neighborhoods but not so much a community. You've got me thinking how I could participate in community builidng around here...

Perng said...

Beautiful family and nice photography. Thanks for sharing.

Archie said...

Great looking pictures. Thanks for helping us to get to know Ming and his family better.

Anne said...

Those photo's of Ming and his family are *fabulous*. You certainly have a talent :) I will keep that in mind when I need pictures of the boys. Thanks for sharing.

Shahrooz said...

Nice pictures! Thank you for sharing the pictures with the entire department.

Ming said...

Thank you very much, Jerome. Those are the best pictures we have ever had. I am looking forward to knowing other faculty's families including your family through photos provided by your newly established "Get To Know Your Colleagues Committee." :o)