Friday, May 20, 2011

Summertime

The semester is officially over! And consistent outdoor-play-weather has been in effect for a couple of weeks now. Compliments of a coworker, we scored some nice backyard goodies (a cube slide and picnic table) that the kids have fully enjoyed. Couple that with a few cans of play-doe and we, my friend, now have a live-in babysitter. Suddenly I feel like a genius for making the move to Chesapeake... that is, until the swarm of flies, gnats and mosquitoes swoops in. And as I stand there spitting out bugs and swatting flies like a mad man, that genius feeling that I had a second ago starts to evaporate faster than a puddle in Texas heat. It's all a quick reminder that (a) we live way too close to water (hence the bugs), and (b) nothing in life is without its pros and cons. But for now... I'll take it. Pass the play-doe.











No comments: