Thursday, May 31, 2012

Nine Months

Naomi pt. XI 
In looking through the pictures that I've included with this post, it's almost a travesty that not a single one has Naomi Janelle standing up, which is how you'll find her more often than not. One the other hand, the walker has never really been a big hit with her. Granted, I can't say that we give her a ton of opportunities to use it... which is odd, since Justin and Jasmine pretty much lived in their walkers for the first 10 months of their lives. In any event, let's hope that it doesn't slow down her progress towards walking. If she's gonna keep up with the Joneses, then she's only got about a month before we'll be blogging about baby steps again (did you say pressure?). Call me the naysayer, but I've got my bets on post 11 months. Let's see if she proves me wrong.


In other news, the ear infection that I mentioned during her last update cleared up almost immediately, and her appetite came back in full effect. At 9.5 months, she's still being breastfed and is slowly making her way towards a "table food" diet. I don't know if I mentioned it already, but we were gifted over 100 jars of baby food before she even started even solids. Incredible. And, of course, penny-pinching-daddy was determined to use every one of them... even if meant that she'd be 6-years-old, eating jarred baby food during first grade recess. Lucky for her, we've finally come to the end of the free supply (which was like 60% peas... not her favorite) and we'll now have to decide on whether to make our first baby food purchase or simply move Naomi up to the big girl table. Either way, the baby food thing is definitely on its last leg. She is absolutely hooked on the few table scraps that we throw her way these days, and will literally smack down any thoughts of eating baby food while we're all at the dinner table together. Just rude.

Speaking of rude... there's also her newfound scream [shaking my head]. Honestly, I can't take it. I think I lose my mind just about every time she does it. And it's not just the scream. You've gotta see the look on her face when she does it. It's the most irreverent high pitched squeal I've ever heard, and 70% of the time it translates to BRING ME MY FOOD NOWWWWWW!!!! Then she gives you that look like, "you're not gonna tip over my high chair for screaming like that, are you?"  All I'm saying is, she's lucky I'm not a single parent because... (ahem) let's just leave it there. The FBI might be listening. Naomi... I'm just saying: watch your back... because I've got your high pitched squeal right here. Grrrrrrrrr.

I can't wait until she replaces those screams with words. Well... unless she's gonna use the words to improve her screaming effectiveness. Then we might have a problem.


1 comment:

Phyllis said...

I love you all!! These posts and pics are great as usual! I'm just catching up reading a lot of them at one time. You all give me hope! I want to be like you all some day :-). Looking forward to seeing you soon. xoxox, Phyllis