Saturday, May 12, 2012

Overgrown

It's not like it happened overnight. That's my excuse for how our Great Pyrenees afro fiasco came about. One day we had a clean-shaven dog; and the next thing you know, we were walking down the block with a big white tumbleweed. Well, the time had come; and we had three choices: braid it and throw some beads in it (I'm thinking cornrows), pony up $90 for a haircut and bath at PetSmart. Or drop $150 for a pair of pet clippers at amazon.com. Option C seemed to make the most sense since the clippers would pay for themselves by the second haircut. And so, without further ado, we present to you... the before pictures.
The important thing to note in the last photo is that the entire lower portion of Jasmine's arm has simply disappeared from view, complements of the 'fro fiasco. The poor dog has a mane. As it stands, we have to actually reach into her 'fro before a walk to figure out if she has on her collar or not. I guess that should've been a clue. I don't think I've seen her collar in like 3 months. I'm pretty sure Naomi, my car keys, and the DVD remote control are somewhere in there, too. I haven't seen any of them since morning. But I'm not worried. She'll shake 'em out in due time.

 Coming soon: the after photos.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

The Diva and her sunglasses. Love it!