Saturday, March 11, 2017

Green Eggs...

The other day, Naomi and I were driving to the recycle center and out of the blue she asked me, "What's Pam's?" I told her it's a restaurant (that we used to frequent quite a bit, actually) and for about 10 seconds I didn't think much more of the question. My guess was that she had just seen the big red and yellow billboard that we'd just passed, as we've been using that as a marker for where to turn for the recycle center pretty much since we've been in Hartsville. And then it finally clicked... she had seen that sign a hundred times... but she had just read it for the first time! And just like that, a whole new world has opened up to her. The world went from countless meaningless, foreign characters... to meaning. How awesome is that?! Talk about exciting.

And along those lines, to go along with her most recent reading achievement (reading Green Eggs and Home on her own), it was time for Naomi to experience the ceremonious Green Eggs and Ham breakfast (well... green eggs and turkey... because we were kinda out of ham). Truthfully, I had completely forgotten that we'd done this before, but Venesa picked up my slack and took charge on this one. Yay mommy. And Yay, Naomi! Keep up the great work, girl. You're doing an awesome job!! So proud.




No comments: