Sunday, March 19, 2017

Poof

The rabbit experiment... has come to an end.



I wanted the rabbit to work out. I really did. The truth is, he wasn't much trouble, and not particularly expensive to maintain, and the kids enjoyed him for sure. But at the end of the day, the one thing he wasn't... was friendly. And here's the deal... if I'm going to feed him everyday and change out his cage bedding multiple times per week; only for him to make it clear that he wanted nothing to do with me or any of my minions (speaking of which, biting the kids was getting old, too)... then it's kinda like, what's the point?

20 minutes a day of being a cute cuddly bunny didn't seem like a lot to ask in return for free room and board. But with no return on investment, Poof just became one more thing. One more thing to keep track of, care for, think about, step over, feed, think about when guests came over, etc. Thus, our fuzzy rodent had to go.

It was fun while it lasted, and we can now check "owned a rabbit" off the list (although I'm not quite sure that it was ever on the list) and get back to keeping our bunnies in books, cartoons, and menus. So long, Poof. It's been real.



No comments: