Friday, August 13, 2010

New Footprints


As if an 80% education discount on the Adobe Creative Suite wasn't sweet enough (that's a ridiculous $1600 off), Adobe also threw in a free trial month to the video tutorial website Lynda.com. Long story short, I finished my trial month and shelled out $25 more for another 1-month subscription. Love the website. Lynda's a genius. I just wish it was my idea.

Anyway, aside from the 20 hours I probably logged on the Lynda.com website this summer relearning Microsoft Access for my research project, I probably spent another dozen on there getting up to speed on the various Adobe applications (mostly Dreamweaver, Flash, and Photoshop). Hey... some people do crossword puzzles to stimulate the brain... but the true-to-form introverted over-the-top geeks? We lay in bed on Friday nights watching video tutorials for web programming.

Anyway... the moral of the story is that I am happy to announce that familyfootprints.net is back up and running. With only one entry since last August, I think it's safe to say that the familyfootprints website has pretty much been shut down for a year. But one good side effect of watching all of those tutorials is that I learned how to automate the gallery creation process... cutting my work-time by about 90%... which means I shouldn't fall behind nearly as much.

And so our photo archive (though it's still a work in progress) has been resuscitated and we are officially back on track with documenting all of life's fleeting moments. Over the next few weeks I'll continue getting the galleries up-to-date; as well as reposted the entries from 2003 to 2009. In the meantime, January through April are up and running. Here's the link again. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Grandma "NaNa" said...

Double the Trouble, Double the fun!