Saturday, January 22, 2011

Principal's Office

So here's the progression:
  • Church announces the annual consecration period
  • Announcement is made that the sanctuary will be open for prayer
  • Email goes out with the scheduled times for corporate prayer
  • My name is on the list (to my surprise, no less)
  • I send an email to have my name removed
  • Word travels (no pun intended)
  • Pastor calls me the next day to ask about it
  • 20 minute conversation ensues
  • The fam is invited to his house to fellowship and (of course) continue the conversation [we had a great time, by the way]
And now? ....I'm scheduled for one-on-one meetings with Pastor [once a month for a year] to help me sort through my "agnostic slant" on religion. My first reading assignment: "I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist," by Geisler & Turek. This should be interesting.


No comments: