Saturday, January 22, 2011

Promotion Process

What ever happened to just submitting a resume?


Last week I submitted my portfolio for promotion and tenure... which, yes, included a resume... but also included 3 binders of who-knows-what detailing "everything" I've done at the university over the past 7 years [I can't believe I've been there SEVEN years... I guess this is how life gets away from you, as they say]. Putting that binder together was a beast of a task; only soothed by the fact that I've got the world's greatest proofreader under the same roof with me. Needless to say that not much sleep was had last week. But the application has officially been submitted.

And now... the waiting game begins.

2 comments:

Grandma NaNa said...

I know that this gets old for you but I can't even begin to tell you how proud you make me. All through your school years and even now as a husband and a father. I'm still so grateful to know that you are my son. You make me smile and most of all you still make me laugh out loud. Keep up the good work. You're the best son a mother could ever have.

avidphotog said...

Aw shucks. I'm gonna cry. Tito... pass me a tissue.... Jermaine... stop teasing.