Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Training Wheels

So I go to Toys R Us to pick up Justin's new bike... I lug it to the cash register, lift it for the cashier to scan... and proceed to give him the evil eye once he rings it up and tells me a price that I know has to be too high (thank God for mental math).

Me: What?! That can't be right.
Cashier: Oh yeah, it's $10 extra for assembly.
Me: But it was already assembled.
Cashier: Exactly. We charge $10 for all of our bikes. Once we get them, we assemble them so that you can ride right out the store with them.
Me: ... Well, then find me one still in the box.

To me, that's a scam. If you charge it on every bike, then put it on the price tag. Besides... Call me cheap. Call me a penny pincher. But there's no way I'm paying $10 for someone to snap 4 pieces of metal together and tighten 3 screws when I've got 2 little elves at home that'll do the job for a handful of cookies and half a banana.








Off to the races.

No comments: