Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Spontaneity

Oh, I can't believe I haven't met my granddaughter yet.

Oh I know she's growing. I'm missing so much.

Oh I miss Justin so so much.

Oh just take me now, Lord.


Okay... repeat that three times a day to anyone and everyone who will listen... and you'll realize that there's only but so much over-the-phone misery a person can take. And so before grandma could break out the banjo and harmonica to call us again with her Blues routine, V decided to break up the monotony a bit and orchestrate a spur of the moment trip to Pennsylvania to surprise the 'rents. Long story short, grandma and poppop were more than happy to jump out of the bed at 1 am to let us in (I'm still wondering if V and I would've gotten in without the kids..) As always we had fun, guys. See you again in 3 weeks!


1 comment:

Aunt Dodie said...

PopPop is definitely in no pain in that picture and Grandma has the biggest "I've waited so long for this moment" grandma smile!!! Kudos to J and V. A grandparents' surprise well done!!!!! Much Love.