Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Jazzy Milestones. I

At 18 days old, Jasmine Olivia is...

  • 2 ounces past her birth weight as of last week's doctor's appointment.

  • is working towards knowing her days from nights. We're not there yet, but her nighttime feedings are starting to stretch from 3 hours to 4 - 6 hours in between. She's also taking smaller feedings overnight and going back to sleep pretty quickly. Hooray for more sleep in the Reyes household.

  • is in the involuntary smile phase of infancy, which is still hilarious to me the second time around.

  • has the same neck strength that Justin had at this age, which is probably a product of both of them being juicy babies to begin with.

  • is super fidgety. It's the reason that she only lasted 2 or 3 days in the bassinet before being moved to the nursery (that and the fact that I couldn't find all the parts to put it together). She's already playing the "I'm not where you left me" game when you go to get her from her crib; and two weeks ago turned over from stomach to back, not with intention, but just from sheer fidget while crying for attention. The girl is strong (watch out Justin).

  • cries like a girl. She also has tears already. Had 'em pretty much since birth, which is funny to me since it took Justin over a month to be able to create tears (seems all too fitting given the gender difference... wonder if there's anything to that). She is also not nearly as vocal as Justin was at this age (here's Justin at 19 days). In fact, she's so quiet (she usually won't utter a sound all day) that I didn't realize / remember that babies could even be vocal this early on... until I went back and read about the chatterbox that Justin was at just 2 weeks old. I re-read his entry and said to myself "he made noise?!" In general, it's fun to see how different the two of them are at comparable ages. We can already see that she is much more laid back than her brother was, even this early in the game (I guess boys are just so doggone rambunctious). It'll be fun to see how this one plays out.

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

In our case we can't say being rambunctious is a boy thing, because Paris was not laid back in her early stages; and still is not. So yes, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Jasmine just might be holding back for a while with her beautiful self!

Stacy Ruiz said...

She's Beautiful! She's definately darker than Justin;) I thought Zuri would have that skin color but I was wrong (for now anyways). Beautiful skin color! I know I put all the small parts to the bassinet in that ziploc bag.........I do remember there being a couple of screws left out by Ruben and I put them in the bottom of the bassinet. It was late and I had every intention of putting them in the bag with everything else but there is a possibility that they are in Elena's trunk. I just can't remember if I ever put them in there before she came..........I'm sorry if it's my fault;( It's very unusual for me to do things like that.....I hope you guys are doing well! Can't wait to visit!

avidphotog said...

Stacy, don't sweat it. Those small parts could be anywhere. Anyway, we found them at Lowe's, but decided not to even bother. Justin only lasted a day or two in that bassinet, too, so I'm doubtful it would've been different with her either way. In any event, tell everyone we say hello. Thanks for checking in :o)