Friday, May 22, 2009

Norfolk Tides Baseball

Thursday night, Mommy surprised me and Justin with tickets to a Norfolk Tides Baseball game. Few things can top the combination of excellent Spring weather, family time, and baseball.






But it wasn't until after the game that the evening got interesting. For the first time in his entire life, Justin spent the night in our bed last night (don't get used to it, pal). Long story short, there was a clown at the baseball game. Need I say more? I would've never bet that something so simple could be so traumatizing. Especially when the person in question is still shy of 2 years old. I understood him being scared, but I would have figured he'd forget about it in 5 minutes or less. Instead, the clown trumped the baseball game... Justin spent most of the night fighting off sleep... oh, and the Tides lost to Rochester 5 to 4.


Justin's post-traumatic blank stare lasted all night.

But hey... at least Daddy had fun.

No comments: