Friday, April 22, 2011

BabyWatch3: 20 Wks

The halfway mark. I wish I could say that it'll be smooth sailing from here, but things just haven't seemed to let up for my deliciously pregnant wife. As I mentioned earlier, her ever-present pregnancy ailments are currently having a tea party with bronchitis; and the misery-go-round just keeps on spinning. At 20 weeks, we've also come upon the great question that we had to answer twice already concerning the baby's gender: To find out... Or not to find out. As you know, we've played the "not finding out" role twice already; and before we went one way or another with this baby, I asked her two questions about the gender. Here are her answers.

1. What sex do you think the baby is, and why?
Assuming that the patterns we've observed about my pregnancies are correct, it's probably a girl because of how miserable I have been. My pregnancy with Jasmine was considerably more uncomfortable than my pregnancy with Justin (which had its own set of discomforts, some the same, but not nearly as intense). Of course, I could just be more miserable because I am older now and it has nothing to do with the sex of the baby - who knows?! LOL!!

2. What do you hope it is, and why?
For the last several weeks I've been saying that I wanted a boy because I don't know if I could handle another strong-willed, independent girl. However, as of the last week or so, I can honestly say that it doesn't matter. I had to be reminded that God knows best and would not give us more than we could handle - but that's a blog entry all by itself! So, once again, I'll take another healthy baby - boy OR girl. Can I put in an order for an early, but full-term delivery? That would be a request I would not pass up!


__________

Stay tuned to my responses to the same two questions.

No comments: