Saturday, April 30, 2011

Resurrection Sunday


Last Sunday, I resurrected my tripod and we snapped a few backyard photos of the four of us for the first time in a long time. Mommy also donned (i.e., blew the dust off) her arts and crafts hat as she got creative with how the kids celebrated Easter. I just knew that her crafts were going to be over their heads, but she proved me as wrong as wrong can be. However, in my defense, I didn't know until after the fact that they had been working on the lessons all week in my absence (I've been hoodwinked!). The point is, I was blown away by how much Justin was able to tell me about Jesus's resurrection, His crown of thorns, what happened on the cross, the "stinky wine" they tried to make Him drink, how Judas took money to sell Him out, how the tomb was empty 3 days later, and how the cookies that he baked with mommy were like the resurrection because the tomb was sealed and was later found empty (the cookies rose as they baked and became hollow in the process). The list goes on. I just sat there with my mouth open in total disbelief. You got me, mommy. I am sorry that I doubted your skills. Nice job. The only problem is, now you've raised the bar. Now I'm expecting a full-scale production / broadway play for Christmas this year. Maybe Jasmine can play Jesus again. Good luck.












1 comment:

Grandma " NaNa" said...

What a beautiful family and a great Mom. We had a wonderful time with the kids. Thanks so much for what you guys did for us. Can't wait to see you again. Looking forward to the day when we can be together more often.