Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Inseparable

Jazzy Stones XXI (a week shy of 2 years)

Separation anxiety is the flavor of the day for Jasmine Olivia. It's been at least a month now that her universe has decidedly revolved around mommy. I want mommy. I wanna go with mommy. Sit down with me mommy. Lay down with me, mommy. Where's mommy? Mommy coming? No daddy... I want mommy do it. Help me mommy... you get the picture. Because in Jasmine Olivia's world, there is a fine line between "I want nothing to do with you ever in life"... and "Don't leave me or I'll have a panic attack like you've never seen before"... And evidently, mommy has crossed that line...

for now. Enjoy it while it lasts, mommy. With this little munchkin of ours, you never know what tomorrow will bring.

As for happenings, Jasmine turns 2 years old in less than a week. She's got 8 bottom teeth, 6 top, and 2 top canines that are taking foreeeeeeeeeeeever to finish coming in. They've been at this halfway stage for what seems like months. We'll see what the doctor has to say about that next week. She also stands 34 inches tall and weighs about 22 pounds (sadly just 8 or 9 behind her brother) and still has me baffled at how well she can carry a conversation. You know, at some point I'll stop talking about how insanely advanced her speech and comprehension seem to be for a pre-two-years-old. But evidently, that day is not today, now is it?

One of her favorite phrases of late, is "okay... just a minute"... which his her way of letting you know that she'll do whatever you asked her to do when she's good and ready. Even something as simple as coming across the room... "Come here, Jasmine"... "Um... Okay... Just a Minute"... and then she'll proceed to slowly zig-zag across the room; looking aimlessly around at the ceilings and walls... but glancing at you out of the corner of her eye every so often to make sure you're watching... and (more importantly) waiting... Defiant in everything that she does. Down to the minutia of the most mundane task. That's our little "angel." And somehow we still love her to no end.


No comments: