Thursday, April 23, 2009

First Checkup

Jasmine Olivia went for her first doctor visit on Tuesday, just one day after we arrived home. After the dehydration issues that we had with Justin (who was still "Alex" at the time) two years ago, we were more than happy to get to the doctor sooner than later to make sure that all was a-o-k. And with that, we are happy to report that everything is great. After the typical post-birth weight drop, she is already on her way back to her original 8 lbs 3 oz birth weight. Other than that, mom is doing great, Justin is adjusting better than I expected (more on that in another entry), and Elena continues to be a tremendous help with just about everything. As for me, I totally underestimated how different things would be this time around given that I still have to go to work everyday (with Justin's arrival, I was already on summer vacation). But with just two more weeks of school, summer vacation and 24 hours a day of family time is right around the corner. Can't wait.


At the doctor's office

Justin gives Jasmine the foot check.

In daddy's hands

Jasmine & Nurse Brenda

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Adorable!I still say she looks like Justin. She also has her daddy's full lips.I'm racking my brain out over here to try to figure out how we are going to get there ASAP.

Stacy Ruiz said...

Absolutely Beautiful! She does look like a female version of Justin;) I can't wait to hold her and give her kisses! Love you guys!

Stacy