Sunday, April 12, 2009

Undivided

As I was putting Justin to bed two nights ago, for some reason it hit me just how much his world is going to change once the baby arrives (t minus 5 days or less). As adults, we've had the luxury of planning, mentally and otherwise, for this momentous shift in our lives. But even though he seems to acknowledge the changes that mommy has been going through, I'm almost certain that the arrival of a brother or sister is going to blind-side him like a ton of bricks dropped from a penthouse balcony. For 22 months, he has had the luxury of our undivided attention. The world as he knows it revolves around him. And in the blink of an eye, that will change for the rest of his life. No longer a soloist, but a duet at best. Of course, this is nothing unique since at some point, this will obviously happen to every kid who is not an only child like I am. But pondering how the transition will go is still an interesting exercise to me.



Anyway, with all of that said, I thought I'd make it a priority to wrap up the March entry of our Photo Scrapbook since once the baby comes, it simply won't seem that interesting anymore... kind of like pictures of just V and I before Justin was born... we are so second fiddle at this point... on our way to third. And if we have any more kids, I guess we won't even be in the orchestra anymore. So here it is, Justin's last solo performance in the Family Footprints Photo Scrapbook. You had a good run, kid. But now it's time to share the spotlight.

No comments: